Tutorials and Talks on the Science DMZ
There is a Science DMZ slide presentation available for community use - the presentation has its own page with a link to the slides.
A Brief Introduction to the Science DMZ, GPN Professional Development Webinar, Feburary 14 2014
Focused Technical Workshop: Network Issues for Life Sciences Research, Berkeley CA, July 17-18, 2013
- Science DMZ for Life Sciences, presented by Eli Dart
- perfSONAR for Life Sciences, presented by Jason Zurawski
Supporting Data-Intensive Research Workshop at Questnet in Australia, July 2nd, 2013
- 2.5 hour Science DMZ Talk/Tutorial, presented by Brian Tierney
Introduction to perfSONAR for NSF CC-NIE Awardees (pdf): presented by Jason Zurawski
Tutorial at TIP2013, Honolulu, HI, January 2013
- Part 1: Architecture and Security
- Part 2: Data Transfer Nodes and Data Transfer Tools
- Part 3: perfSONAR
- Talk on Science DMZ Security Issues, Jan 2013, Eli Dart
- Achieving the Science DMZ: Eli Dart, Eric Pouyoul, Brian Tierney, and Joe Breen, Joint Techs, January 2012.
- How to Build a Low Cost Data Transfer Node: Eric Pouyoul, Brian Tierney and Eli Dart, Joint Techs, July 2011.
- The Science DMZ - A well-known location for high-performance network services: Eli Dart, Joint Techs, January 2011.
Wikepedia Article on the Science DMZ Network Archetecture
Additional resources are available on the fasterdata links page.
For more information on Science DMZ, including consultation on building or deploying this model, contact email@example.com.
June 2013 CC-NIE perfSONAR Slides
Slides presented to CC-NIE awardees on the use of perfSONAR
Eli Dart's Slides from FTW (July 2013)
Jason Zurawski's talk on perfSONAR at FTW (July 2013)